One Stop Solution For All Marine Construction Needs
Marine Construction Services include construction of
• Ports and Marine Contracting
• Breakwater and Causeway Construction
• Coastal Reclamation Works
• Marine Works for the Oil & Gas sector – Onshore & Offshore Works
• Offshore Piling Works
PL accepts challenging fast track marine construction projects and is well known for its value engineering and out of the box thinking offering alternate construction methodologies with a combination of land and marine based approach, deployment of more than 18 self owned construction crane barges, rock transportation barges, positioning barges and towing tugs.
It utilizes top of the class R2 Sonic Multi Beam Bathymetric Survey and RTK / GPS positioning systems for cranes, excavators and barges and processes data using HI TECH Surveying Software / 3 D Design Software offering accuracy of location, placement and level.
Unique to PL, it has access to its Group Quarries for Rock / Aggregate production and the same is transported to site using group owned road trucks on priority for Company projects.
Notable marine construction projects include –
• LA MER Development at the Jumeirah 1 Open Beach, Dubai
• Port De LA MER Development, Dubai
• Dubai Harbour Marine Works, Dubai
• Al Hail Field Development, Mubarraz Island, Abu Dhabi • Burj Al Arab Island Development -Piling Works, Dubai • Burj Al Arab SHED Replacement Project, Dubai
• Blue Water Island Causeway
• Palm Island Jabel Ali Breakwater Construction
Enabling & Earthworks
Fast Track Mobilization & Cut, Fill & Compaction
PL undertakes enabling, earthworks & infrastructure projects for Major Developers, Major International Contractors and Oil & Gas sector Clients.
Range of services offered include
• Topographic Survey
• Excavation, Filling and Leveling Works
• Sand Compaction and Controlling Works
• Minor Concrete Works and Roads / Pavings
Notable projects executed
• The Avenue Retail, Phase 2, Enabling Works, Dubai
• Pipeline Earthworks & Civil Works, Mirfa
• Blue Water Causeway, Dubai
• Road Maintenance & Protection at Yassat Island, Dubai
• Naad Al Sheba Camel Track, Dubai
• Pearl Jumeirah Island – Earthworks, Dubai
• LA MER Project – Earthworks, Dubai
Specialized Marine Logistics
Port Management & Marine Transportation
PL combines both critical expertise in construction management and supply chain logistics providing comprehensive and effective procurement and logistics solutions to optimize and coordinate bulk material transportation for marine and offshore construction projects.
Operating out of the Dubai Water Front Facility, PL offers a cost effective marine transportation of rocks, aggregates and other construction materials for its own projects as well as for external Clients. The DWF facility can handle up to 500,000 tons of rock materials, and has three jetties, with two 100 m long jetties and up to 6 m draft and one jetty for front loading ramp with 4.5 m draft.
The facility is complete with cover for QA/QC and Safety Control and specialized Survey companies are used for draft, towing and bunkering surveys.
The DWF facility works 24×7.
Key Supply / Logistics Projects
• Supply of Rocks and Aggregates – Boardwalk & Piers for Palm Jumeirah for Nakheel ~ 1.5 Million Tons
• Supply of Rocks and Aggregates – IGD Project at Das Island for Archirodon ~ 1.3 Million Tons
Tugs, Flat Top and Crane Barges
• Port Management
• Chartering of Marine Spread
Self Owned Marine Spread
PL currently owns and manages over 18 units of Marine Vessels – crane, positioning and transportation barges, towing tug boats and passenger boats. The barges are customized with front / side loading ramps and have tailor made spud / anchor mooring facilities on board for anchoring / positioning in place.
The vessels come with their own dedicated crew to specified safe manning levels and have IACS classification.
Strategic Construction Management
Value Added Services From PL
In addition to PL’s in house experienced teams of marine and civil construction experts, the Company has multiple cooperation, representation and partnership agreements with specialized engineering / dredging / construction companies and forms strategic alliances necessary to undertake large turnkey projects both for Marine and Civil construction.
Furthermore, it undertakes challenges of stalled projects, quarry management, and supply chain management and offers project / construction management services for select Clients and Consultants.